5284 - Cobra Officer WIP

Toy rifle is indeed based on the SVD - originally part of my “The Walking Dead” cosplay arsenal.

Beret flash found here:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I found a website that sells airsoft AK-47 and SVD I might pick up one. Some of those cost as much as real guns :frowning:

I also inquired to the Patch Czar that makes a lot of embroidered and patch items for us. They make the beret flash with the Cobra emblem embroidered inside. I know what the costume reference manual says but I was wondering if I could use it or if I need to follow the costume field manual exactly?

3 Likes

Those flashes are sweet aren’t they?!

I believe that they’re fine, as the beret is a non canon interim item while you’re awaiting the helmet.

Patch Czar is a Finest member, here too.

(May have to get soneone to onsend/trade some of those beauties once I’m approved)

2 Likes

Update:
Helmet Navy Blue with Black interior = ordered

1 Like

Now that the BDU’s have arrived, I can get started on the shirt mods.

The manual says to use the back of a second shirt as the chest panel.

Q1: Do we remove the pockets from the main shirt?

Q2: Does the chest panel require fabric a/o interfacing to support a flat appearance?

Q3: Given pandemic circumstances and limited embroidery options here in Australia, would a large sigil sewn on the chest panel and the small on the left sleeve be sufficient?

I removed my pockets, just more comfort and fits better then.

2 Likes

Pockets off

2 Likes

Test fit the chest flap

3 Likes

Those flashes are fine for the beret. Make sure to get a helmet for approval but wearing a beret is acceptable.

Looking sharp! Glad you pulled the pockets it makes the shirt-flap look better.

Does the top of the chest flap reach up to/under the epaulettes?

The pictures of dark navy fabric ontop of fabric make it difficult to determine!

1 Like

It kinda varies really, some have their tuck under the epaulets, some have their end right at the edge of them. I got my velcro for mine right under the epaulettes so that it kinda tucks the seam hidden under them, it’s a bit more work to get this right though.

2 Likes

Mail call!

A small but welcome morale boost

1 Like

“Badges? BADGES! We no need no stinking badges!”

Well actually, for this project I do (until restrictions lift and I find a willing embroider)

3 Likes

Excellent. Although I kind of wish the creators of Cobra had more imagination for showing ranks than just copying US military. Anyway, I enjoy seeing your costume coming together.

Gel blaster AK mags

3 Likes

Sleeve sigil

1 Like

Coming along nicely. Too bad the highly curved AK mags don’t fit securely into the mag pouches. They can’t be falling out when you’re chasing after Joe. :grinning:

1 Like

The condor pouches hold the mags suprisingly well, once I adjusted the pouch flaps. Was tricky to get the balance right as they can clash with the pistol mag pouch.

2 Likes

Update to this update:

Officer helmet now in queue.

3 Likes