Classified Joes

Are we digging the new Classified series so far? Any outfits stand out?

No surprise that for me I’m looking at Duke. The outfit itself doesn’t look too complicated…adding black fabric to the shirt is no rocket science. The pants have dark green mesh that annoys me ugh.

Ironically I think the shin guards wont be a problem at all. Martial arts chin guards takes care of that. I’m picky about bandoliers so I haven’t crossed that bridge yet…

3 Likes

I do love the Trooper’s look. Beach Head is ok. He has more of a Resolute look about him. The new Flint and Lady Jaye look more like the vintage versions, so I hope Hasbro starts making the future figures look more vintage than futuristic.

1 Like

They are all very nice in their own way. The level of detail they were able to sink into this scale with modern tooling has created its own challenges though when bringing these to full scale glory.

There was something comforting in the 3 3/4-4” where it allowed some interpretation on behalf of the costume creation to have some say in the matter. Likewise, as many of you know, I’m a fan of the sideshow collectibles because there’s a lot of off the shelf items available to really nail down the look.

With these figures they’re based less on real world applications and create a bit of personal anxiety on trying to hit it to my own expectations. These all feel to me to lean toward a super hero cinematic costume fabric that doesn’t exactly exist. Not to say its impossible to achieve, they just haven’t resonated with me in the same way as some of the older figures with that ‘wiggle room’ for interpretation.

2 Likes

I love em.

I personally want to see them try to keep being creative with them, I know folks want vintage like looks but I think they need to take risks also. For example I adore the Classified Scarlett, it’s different, it’s colorful, it’s so Scarlett.

GI Joe was only sort of realistic military in it’s first wave, each wave every year got more wild and colorful. I would like to see new designs, while also doing some vintage inspired stuff. Kind of like how we got the arctic Stormshadow inspired by the 90s SS, but at same time I would love to see a whole new design and what they can do.

1 Like

I’ve yet to see a Viper in the wild…

2 Likes

The recent batch has been super tough. Could be the systems are well entrenched now and intercepting them efficiently.

I only collect the ones I like. I did luck out and get a Beachhead, 2 Troopers, and 2 Vipers. Had a Firefly, but I’m not a fan, so I traded it for a Rogue figure. Also have 2 Snake Eyes and a PDDestro…because the figure looks awesome.

1 Like

Love em, my Cobra shelf awaits Firefly and a Viper my good friend got me. Haven’t done a Joe shelf yet

5 Likes

Still waiting for the great unicorn Baroness… someday I’ll get one…

I like the thought of owning a Baroness but it’s not essential. What I really want is either a Viper or the non Target-exclusive Trooper.

I’m not gonna chase after the variant Duke either. Ugh… Too much.

1 Like

My Viper shipped from Target! Been lucky so far getting the whole line, only had to pay a slight markup to get Beachhead, rest I’ve been able to score retail.

For the non exclusives also really recommend just going with Bigbadtoystore and Entertainment Earth. You might have to wait a bit but they have been getting folks preorders of the retail releases.

2 Likes

So I’m trying to track down Vipers but I’m also looking for a Target Roadblock for a buddy who just now decided to get into this line. If anyone comes across one let me know and I can PayPal the money for the figure, shipping and finders fee.

1 Like

Sad how a few months ago I had two just sitting at My Target for a week and let them slide by cause I wasn’t interested. Looking back I should’ve just bought them for whoever needed them.

2 Likes

Got these two today from a friend. Really digging the gear of Firefly, at first I wasn’t sure but in person its a sweet figure.

3 Likes

Not a big fan of the FireFly… but that viper looks pretty sweet… too bad he doesn’t have the classic viper rifle. :pensive:

1 Like

Same. Was never a huge fan of Firefly. I picked up a Firefly mostly because the girl handed to me at the store while I was waiting for my Vipers. I knew one of my friends would want it, so I didn’t argue. I ended up trading it for a Rogue figure.

2 Likes

Nice… Retro Rogue? I have the Juggernaut wave Rogue.

2 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t to impressed with Firefly in the pics but once I had him out of the boxI really like him. I just ordered an original style Viper rifle from Raging Spoon Customs and it looks amazing with the Viper

4 Likes

Yea also love that with the classified they mostly have done a good job with most of the gear being able to be mounted on the figure in some manner. Fireflys drone can hook to the packback, holsters that work, clips for the guns to hang onto the packs and such. It’s really a nice line so far.

1 Like

@SeanM I can agree with this statement. Not a fan of the loose goggles or the scarf.

1 Like