Cobra trooper chest flap pics needed

I’ve found a seamstress to make the chest flap for my Cobra trooper. I showed her the pics that are in the field manual to describe what I want, and I think she has the right idea. My concern is that the pics in the field manual are pretty dark and hard to see. I want to make that she gets this right, so I was wondering if any troopers or officers out there would care to share detailed pics of their chest flaps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Here’s my project thread:
Cobra Officer WIP thread

I used the front of the second shirt as the template and the fabric from the back of the second shirt as the chest panel.

2 Likes

Kim definitely did a great job on his! Highly recommend the thread.

I took some photos on mine a while back. There used to be a member who basically mass produced these and I was lucky to get one!

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Make sure its marked which shirt is which if you have 2 different sizes. We took 3 shirts 2 XL and 1 L (made 2 flaps- trooper and officer) and she cut up 1 XL and the L… that was the 2nd seamstress we tried… instead of going to a third we bought a machine and my wife is learning to sow! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you; this was exactly what I needed!

1 Like

I have a machine but I need to learn how to thread it. I thought about taking a class but too many things came up.

1 Like

Darn this would have been useful about 2 weeks ago to show the seem stress what was needed. :sweat_smile:

How did that turn out? Or still waiting?

Just picked it up and on the bus home…

4 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to see it!

So pulled it out of the plastic.
It was sewn across the top and bottom and side but left the inner edge along the buttons open so that I can still access the chest pockets.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Still waiting. I have a lot of faith in my seamstress, but she had a lot of clients ahead of me. I’m hoping to get it soon though.

1 Like