Hello from Pennsylvania

Yo, Joe! And hello. I’m new here and really not sure how everything works yet. I am a member of the 501st and Rebel Legion though, if that helps. For example do I have to have an approved costume before I request to join my local group on Facebook or not? As for why The Finest, I have grown up a big fan of Hasbro and like G.I. Joe and Transformers even a little more than Star Wars. One of the Rebel Legion guys in my area is also a member of The Finest and when he told me that a G.I. Joe costume group existed, I knew I had to check it out.

As for which character I am interested in doing, I am still trying to decide. Scarlett has always been my favorite but I am really curious though if Marissa Faireborn (the daughter of Flint and Lady Jaye) would be an acceptable character to do. I am starting a build of her and don’t know if doing the cartoon version or the exclusive toy version would be more acceptable. Any input would be helpful.

If Marissa isn’t an option, I can try altering the Scarlett cosplay I already have that is close to the cartoon version, but would definitely need some changes to get approved. Beyond that, I have a soft spot for the Baroness given my own name is Anastasia and would love to do her as well as a long haired version of Lady Jaye and the blond version of Cover Girl. But one thing at a time, right?

3 Likes

Welcome! As long as the character is from an official source reference (ie: cartoon, comic, figure, or artwork) and not a custom, you should be fine. Please ensure that once you submit your application, you have a picture of your reference to accompany your costume photos.

To answer your other question, Pennsylvania is home to the The 13th Civil Defense Mobile Infantry Division . Go ahead and like the public page so you can find out more. I believe most of our garrisons have members groups that you will be invited to once you become a member.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out. We’re always willing to help.

James nailed it.
Also, Marissa Faireborn is a perfectly acceptable character for approval. https://www.yojoe.com/action/15/marissafaireborn.shtml

It’s great to have you on the forums, looking forward to seeing your progress!