Recruiting zoom call in/fall in

Incoming transmission from the Recruitment center: The Finest wants you!
Be it Cobra or Joe, we’d like to connect with you! Members of multiple Garrisons will be at the ready to connect with you!

We’re trying something NEW: Zoom virtual meet-up / Q&A / introduction and Help!

Our first of a series we’ll be trying out in 2021 of opening up a direct connection with people interested in the Finest will be on Saturday, February 6th at 4pm Eastern Standard Time.

Whether you’re looking for more information on costumes, what we do, where we do it or why we do it, we’ll be online live to answer any questions you have.

You’ll likely need to download zoom as an app on your computer or mobile but there are also phone numbers that you can call in.

Here’s the link!

Topic: Finest Recruitment Virtual Q&A
Time: Feb 6, 2021 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 898 9910 3653
Passcode: 0
One tap mobile
+19292056099,89899103653#,*0# US (New York)
+13017158592,89899103653#,*0# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 898 9910 3653
Passcode: 0
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcWe6DdTh8

Questions?: post ‘em below and we’ll do the best to answer.
Can’t make this date?: no worries we hope to offer this same idea up multiple times this year.

Sincerely, Pauly (Finest Member Liaison Officer) and the Recruitment Office crew.

5 Likes

This will be such a great opportunity to meet new recruits! :us::+1:

3 Likes

This really is a great idea. I’m truly looking forward to the results.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping!
This may take a few repeat sessions to get the ball rolling. I’m also open to suggestions on which watering holes others think I should be dropping a line in. Our recruitment page is fairly stagnant so I don’t know if that best place to return to if we hope to get a nibble.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

The new stuff? Tiktok snapchat Twitter Instagram linked in

You could ask Garrison COs to post about it on their respective public garrison pages

Definitely not using Linkedin. That’s a resource for professional contacts, not hobbies.

The finest has a Twitter account, perhaps I can get Jonny k to help there.

Snapchat and tiktok: we’d need to approach this differently since both seem to be based on time base media (I also feel like I’d be trolling a mall food court trying to pick up middle school children. )

I would just expect this, part of the reason I’m asking about garrison/unit recruiting officers

1 Like

Was just a thought… I dont use any of those so I got no clue how they work.

1 Like

Instagram and Twitter are best “other” options. The other social media platforms don’t really work for this. We don’t have an official Finest IG acct though.

1 Like

Is it going to be open forum or is there a designated speaker going over specific topics?

2 Likes

Great question: I’ve been preparing a general overview presentation of the Finest I also have a more specific break down presentation of how the process of costume evaluation is done to help broker less rejection notices.
After those two areas are done (probably no more the 10-15 min) it’s open to questions and answers/meet and greet

3 Likes

would Twitch be a good platform for a Q&A?
I know it’s mainly for gamers, but I do follow a local Geek/SW show.

I’d definitely reccomend you take the lead for a dedicated Q&A after the presentation, or use someone to moderate for you. Have people raise their hands and chat and then unmute for the question on their turn, and then have yourself or have someone helping reply. It will go a long way to preventing someone from getting talked over.

The meet and greet kind of stuff could be much more informal, but depending on how many people there still may be a need to keep an eye out so it’s enjoyable.

5 Likes

Will do, boss!!!

@Kev011 remind me to make you co-host (once on), so you have control over muting/unmuting and other hosting duties.

2 Likes