WIP Cobra Trooper (v15)

So I actually bought a Cobra Officer uniform and helmet off of someone, was sort of between just making an officer version of this or doing the modern Cobra Officer (v12). This like my favorite trooper builder look though. Decisions, decisions.

So after really digging into that figure it looks it uses a quarter-zip assault shirt rather than the normal flapped version. I think I’ve pretty much talked myself into building both a v15 Trooper and a modern officer… I’ve already got both helmets so why not!

1 Like

For the launcher, I’m think about making a 20 or 25mm version of the AG36, seems like that caliber would be about right for the size of the launcher.

3 Likes

I too am attempting to build a launcher shaped object for my AK to be closer to the figure. It’s inspiring to see more folks nerding on details

Update! It’s coming along nicely I need to make some mods to the slim-h harness but I’m happy with the progress.

I found a 5.11 tactical quarter zip shirt in dark navy and also bought matching 5.11 pants, they’re a little darker than the standard proper stuff. But it’s close enough in color that it should look good with other troopers/officers.

Working on the grenade launcher this weekend hopefully.

7 Likes

Can we actually use this shirt?? OOOPS…nvm…i see it’s for something different. :rofl:

Yup… I’m specifically trying to build around the v15 figure. Which is a bit more modernized than the field manual Cobra Trooper.

2 Likes

Same helmet as the v1 figure?

Yes :slight_smile: , for simplicity/constancy with our other troopers’ sake I’m going to use the standard PVS Trooper helmet.

1 Like

Hmmmmm…i might try my hand at this one too? (once my Range Viper is done.)

1 Like

@viper559
Pics, or it doesn’t exists! :grin:

Progress continues

Here’s the Grenade Launcher\Flare gun I built

And test wear of 5.11 BDU’s and slim H-Harness with the launcher.

4 Likes

I just realized I actually have this figure :rofl::rofl::rofl: … I think for the flare gun I’d go with a USN Sedgley Mk5

But that’s me.

I went Soviet BLOC Era Flare gun due to the overwhelming reference between COBRA and the Soviet-era gear.

I’ve got an actual one deactivated version of the flare gun I based this on. I’ll get some comparison shots later tonight.

1 Like

Outstanding!!! Looks kick @$$!!!:metal::snake:

1 Like

I love seeing all the trooper variants done with particular reference. Nice change up

1 Like

Comparison shots.

I got the size mostly right. The real flare gun is a tad thinner with a smaller diameter barrel.

3 Likes

Oh wow. That is a BEAUT!

1 Like

Here’s a version of my v15 Trooper, with a heavily customized loadout. I ended up running a SMERSH rig but I still have the thin H-harness from my original build. I’ve only got one pic in that setup though and it’s from a night shoot.

1 Like

That zip version is wayyy easier than the damned flap style.

1 Like