Cobra Rock Viper v4 Build (WIP)

So, for the longest time I’ve wanted to build a modern Rock Viper. I already have most of the parts from other costumes. Below is my progress. I will do a complete breakdown when I am finished and satisfied.

I’m using A-TACS UA for the base camo (already have it for my Ruslan), skipping the backpack and using my H-harness and battle belt (from Snake Eyes), a USMC vest (surplus in coyote), my M88 helmet (Bazooka) among other things I’ve had laying around.

I drew up the template for the forearm armor using Inkscape. I will also post them up here when complete. I’ll more than likely be using ¼" EVA foam on top of floor mat EVA foam.

UPDATE!
I made the right arm as a test, but it came out pretty good. It’ll look better when it’s finished. Just waiting on my 1" rectangle hardware, 1" elastic, and 1" nylon webbing, so I can attach it to my arm. Now to make a 2nd one. I’m also probably going to weather them, so they look a little beat up.

Made a left arm and test shoulder pad.

6 Likes

Looking great! Excited to see your build progress!

1 Like

Always liked the modernized look. Did it have any Cobras actually on it anywhere? I know easy fix is adding Cobra patch to the arms, but is there anything else on the toy?

2 Likes

No logo’s or faction symbols that I remember… of course v1 didn’t either.

1 Like

Yeah…nothing. I’m making coyote and maroon sigils…maybe coyote and black.

2 Likes

Pulled the trigger on some stuff. Now there is no turning back. Had a $100 Amazon gift card.

A black ribbed balaclava, a new rubber knife (I will paint the sheath), 6mm EVA foam sheets for the forearm guards, some rope to attach to the PVC grappling hooks I’m going to make, some 1" Velcro (see on), 1" nylon webbing, 1" elastic, and some 1" plastic rectangle rings.

4 Likes

Wow. Awesome! I never had that original figure as a kid but liked the modern version.

2 Likes

No two ways about it. The Rock Viper is COOL. We’re gonna have to find you some rocks to pose next to hahaha.

3 Likes

Oh…there are rocks in the woods at the campsite…and a mountain (hill?) Right behind the campsite.

3 Likes

@Kev011 is building the leg greaves. I know this is going to be awesome, because all of his work is top notch! I drew up the scales and scaled them to size and he’s doing the hard work of making them into a thing.

Thanx again @Kev011!

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Oh that is Slick!!!

2 Likes

This is looking awesome so far.

2 Likes

A few more coats and some “damage detail” and these will be complete.

Still have to paint my knife sheath…totally slipped my mind when I was painting these. That’s a tomorrow problem.

4 Likes

Love the battle damage!

1 Like

Threw together what I have, so far. I think the coyote/A-TACS AU go pretty good together for the Rock Viper. Thinking I might go a little larger with the chest pouch…like a triple paintball pod carrier. Might actually have one in my paintball gear, so that’d be cool.

Still have to make the PVC grappling hook…just to be con safe. Also have to make the shoulder armor. I have one cut out and made already. Need to figure the texture and color out.

Hopefully I will pick up my pick axe this weekend and paint that.

Still have to add silver to the damage on the arm guards and weather them a bit.

Can’t wait to see what the great @Kev011will make for the leg guards!!

Once, complete, I will list everything I used including the patterns I made for the arm guards.

4 Likes

That’s turning of fantastic!!!

2 Likes

Trying my hand at weathering. Happy overall. Got some advice from @Kev011 that I’m going to try out.

4 Likes

This Rock Viper is becoming a favorite thanx to Pauly Twobags and his amazing talent for putting these together to finish off my costume! I couldn’t have done it myself.

Also, thanx for all the bonus stickers…I know a couple will end up on my car.

I would test fit them in costume, but I’ve had a migraine most of the day. I did try them on and walk around a bit and they are perfect!

I owe you BIG!

2 Likes