New year, new goals! Whatcha working on?

I had said no more new costumes but really the doing nothing with COVID basically got me itching again to put some things together.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad you took the plunge!

2 Likes

Hahahaha weeeellllll I did start a 100 comment fireball so figured I better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It would be cool to document some of your builds here too. Anyone who’s first coming to the forums would love to see some progress and pitfalls (if any) to help them along.

For me personally I was handed a recruiting card at a con. I wasn’t on Facebook at all at that time. Once I arrived at the forum to poke around I was perplexed if anyone was doing anything. I was shocked to A. Learn that there was a Gi Joe costume club and B. That it originated in my home state. It took 10 good years to learn of the club even with attending the bigger conventions in my area fairly consistently.

So please, if you have some time to start a new costume thread or a prop thread like for the Mainframe computer, those would be great to document.

2 Likes

Yeah it tripped me out to find out this group started in my home state also!.. I have no prob Sharing any of my builds, as I have progress pics for all of them… but I wouldnt have a clue where to start in Here.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a good template to follow. This is one of the best laid out/organized builds on the forum.

2 Likes

I love that Sideshow hooded version of CC!
I did a hooded version myself (not approved, second costume), the fabric that I used for the hood was pretty ‘stretchy’ and falls nicely on the head without major modifications.

I’m thinking of re-doing mine exactly like this Sideshow version, either in the same ‘stretchy’ fabric that I have but not the same blue as the rest of the costume, or to try and find a more navy blue fabric, then do meaner eye openings and cut it in an oval instead of a circle to make the front and back drop more.

4 Likes

Hoods are super tricky. The best cloth one has got to Ray’s hands down.

Latex is also an option but from experience, I can tell you that it’s hot!

4 Likes

oh, and I’m working on a Viper costume, waiting on my helmet from PVS. :slight_smile:

I’m also in the planning stages of another build, it will be a 1st in the Finest (at least I think).
Slowly I’m looking at what I need for this build.

2 Likes

Vipers are a fun build! Going straight '86 or Sideshow?

v1 86, with combat boots and tactical knee pads but with a Sideshow helmet.
The Sideshow helmet is the more ‘fitted’ of the two PVS offers, better for my small frame, to hopefully not look like a bubblehead.

1 Like

Nice. I dig the lines of the sideshow bucket as well.

Cross Country v2, BackBlast, Steamroller all in various stages of planning or development. Maybe a trooper since I got the Nerf gun from a local costumer who painted one and donated it to the group.

2 Likes

If you get any of the above rolling, please feel free to start a new thread highlighting what you’ve got going. These assets are great especially for characters we don’t often see portrayed often.

2 Likes

If you end up with any decent pattern to share, I’d appreciate it! I’ll do the same if any of my experiments work out

2 Likes

@Kev011 Reach out to Ray, CO of the 13th. He’s shared some details for his hood design in the past.

3 Likes

I have entirely to many in the works projects related to G.I. Joe costumes. So my goals are to get some of these wrapped up.

(WIP) close to being done:

Upgrades:

• Stormshadow V3
  • Sideshow Viper
  • Snow Serpent

Rebuilding:

Not started:

• Two secret ones

But here’s the start to the rebuild of Gnawgahyde

5 Likes

Playing around lol

3 Likes

I’m currently gathering a few pieces for Footloose, reworking my Snake Eyes to a more source-accurate version, and re-doing the shoulder pads on my Mutt. I also want to do a Cobra trooper in the future. I have all of the accessories for it, but I need to get a helmet from PVS, and order the blue BDUs and have the sigil added.

2 Likes

@Kev011 - I second contacting @Ray-El about his hooded CC pattern if you haven’t already (he made a blue one and a crimson one, so he’s probably got it down by now).

My Firefly and Range Viper are still on hold, but I’m looking forward to getting a “first draft” version of the new 6" Classified Cobra Trooper together, once I get the rest of my parts from @SGT_Airborne!

2 Likes